Crockpot Lemon Butter Garlic Herb Chicken
Chileeeee, let me tell you about this here chicken recipe! This lemon butter garlic herb chicken is E-VE-RY-THING! It's so good, I cooked it 2 days back to back! LOL! No lie! And to make it even better, it only takes 15 minutes to get it in the crockpot! Winning!
I love everything about this recipe! I absolutely love anything garlicky and buttery, and chicken thighs are my favorite part of chicken. They always stay tender and juicy, and in this recipe, they cook perfectly in a buttery lemon garlic sauce that's filled with flavor! Day 1, we had this with a baked sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts. Day 2 we had it with dairy-free garlic mashed potatoes, and sauteed squash! I can't even choose which sides went best with it... They were equally BOMB!
Ok, ok, enough of me yapping! Let's get into this recipe, honey! Bee sure watch the video tutorial (at the top of the page), run to the grocery store, get the ingredients and make this TODAY!!!!
Crockpot Lemon Butter Garlic Herb Chicken Recipe
PREP TIME: 15
COOK TIME: 3 - 6 hours
TOTAL TIME: 3.25 - 6.25 hours
6-8 boneless chicken thighs, skinless or with skin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
2 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
1 teaspoon Garlic and Herb seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
4 tbsp of Ghee ( or 1/2 stick butter, diced if not dairy-free)
Juice of one lemon
1/3 cup of water (or low sodium chicken broth)
Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
1. Place chicken thighs at the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. (listen for the ancestors to tell you when to stop) :)
3. Combine 1/3 cup water OR chicken broth and lemon juice, and pour over chicken thighs.
4. In a small bowl, combine Garlic and Herb OR Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and crushed red chili pepper flakes. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken thighs.
5. Top with fresh minced garlic and Ghee OR diced butter.
6. Cover the crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
7. Sprinkle your crockpot chicken dinner with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon slices. Serve hot with a vegetable and a complex carb (sweet potato, brown rice, wheat pasta, red potatoes, quinoa)
Use Ghee if you are on a Paleo and Whole30 diet.
The Garlic and Herb seasoning is a Target brand seasoning.
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 29g CARBOHYDRATES: 0g PROTEIN: 27g